Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Neuer Benutzer

Böse Broken 1st May Update

Guys, the last update from 1st May completely broke the game for me. It is now unplayable. After the title screen I get directly to the logbook page, where I am advised that I now command the <blank>, which is frozen in time in Midway. No sound, no button works apart from the map screen, which is completely black. I can't save and exit either. I tried deleting, reinstalling, rebooting, nothing works. I run iOS 7.1.2 - and I can't update the OS as it would freeze my iPhone 5 and break some other Apps I have installed.

Please fix this as a matter of urgency!
    Last edited by Redwing6891; 02.05.2017 at 00:27.

Thanks, will check it out! Does this problem persists when you start a fresh new game and then save/load? If you're comfortable with it it would be nice to try to track this down. I don't had any of those issues in my tests here.

Neuer Benutzer
    Martin, I am afraid I can't save or load anything. I don't even get to the main menu screen. I have tried complete delete and reinstall with the same result. After the Silent Depth logo the game jumps directly to Midway and gets stuck there. The nameless (!) sub does not respond to any commands and the map screen is completely black. I can't play anything!

I attach a few images to clarify what I mean.

20170501_204029000_iOS.jpg20170501_204128000_iOS.jpg20170501_204140000_iOS.jpg20170501_204823000_iOS.jpg

Can you fix it? Could I have the previous version back in the interim? That worked fine no problem at all.
    Last edited by Redwing6891; 02.05.2017 at 14:12.

Ouch that's awful! Will look into it!

Neuer Benutzer
    Thank you. Appreciate it. I really miss my patrols...

What I don't get, you completely uninstalled the game and downloaded it again and it jumps directly from the logo to Midway instead of the menu? I've no mechanism implemented which involves any loading of game data before the main menu appears. And even then the game is only loaded if you press continue. Strange.

Is there a chance you could make a video of that? I'll try to reproduce this, maybe it helps to upload the previous version till I have a clue about what's going on...

I'm going to upload a fix tonight, I have a guess what it could be. Due to Apple this will take a couple of days, but I hope they will approve it this week!

Neuer Benutzer
    Sorry, Martin, I am not savvy enough to do videos on my iphone, but I attach screenshots of all the screens that appear in correct order after pressing the app icon.
    01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg
    The usual menu start screen gets bypassed completely. The diary music plays during screen 02 but otherwise there is no sound.

When I press the map icon, this screen appears:
    04.jpg
    As you can see, it's completely black but somehow the bridge view shines through it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Neuer Benutzer
    The save and exit button is unresponsive:
    06.jpg

... and this is the external view:
    07.jpg

Camera cannot be panned, you can only exit the screen back to bridge. Access to engine and TBT screens works but you can't do anything on them. Gun access non functional.

Sub won't maneuver and can't dive.
    Last edited by Redwing6891; 02.05.2017 at 15:58.

Thanks again! I'm currently uploading an update, which hopefully fixes this issue. Depends on Apple when it will be available.

Neuer Benutzer
    I'd be happy with the previous version, that worked for me alright.

Though come to think of it.... when I called up the in game options menu, that flickered sometimes really weirdly, though it did not impact the game.