You need help with the game? Ask here.

Run Deep, Run Silent!

Neuer Benutzer

Torpedos missing regularly at close range-- am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hi!

Thank you for making Silent Depth. I enjoy reading about submarines, and this is my first submarine simulator.

When I first started playing the game, I didn't seem to have much trouble sinking freighters. However, when I started playing the game last week, most of my torpedos seem to be missing simple shots (green triangle on, range 500-700 yards, while firing from the surface or shallow periscope depth). Am I doing something wrong? I'm aware that sometimes torpedos go astray, but most of my torpedos are missing at this close range.

I appreciate any pointers you might give me.

Sincerely,

SubMike

Hi,

Torpedoes have some kind of a deviation of about +/- 1° which is random. That plus some speed or course changes of the target can lead to missing torpedoes. So you're doing nothing wrong, but I will take another look if there's something wrong at all.

Neuer Benutzer
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Hi,

Torpedoes have some kind of a deviation of about +/- 1° which is random. That plus some speed or course changes of the target can lead to missing torpedoes. So you're doing nothing wrong, but I will take another look if there's something wrong at all.
    Thanks!

I'll try again. If I am still having trouble, I will send you more detailed information including a screen shot.

Sincerely,

Mike

Neuer Benutzer
    Google Play Store description mentions the game is trying to create a Silent Service experience. Is this accurate? If so, are game tactics similar?

Neuer Benutzer
    Game ain't working right for my phone. Pink scren and game frezing befor 3rd torpedo hit or finishing ship of with deck gun. Pink scren on 3d perascope and deck gun views. Also cold you add zoom to the gun to make aiming a bit Easter um I asked for a refund but I decided to try agin after update for my phone. Game still needs work.

Neuer Benutzer
    Hi martin I hope you got my reply in pm lol. Any ways I love the game what little I get out of it. I know its still being devoloped. I used Microsoft to get it. With the game being new I'm sure the little isues will be fixed. And actually my phone has pretty good memory I got 3 other games on it �� no isues. See what your team does with game I'm shure I won't be the only one maybe. Again thanks guys

Yes got it. Actually 3 times. HA! Thanks for that! Will look into those issues. Windows Phone is tricky. Unity messes up stuff big time.